Imperial is seeking a “VP of Peter Millar” to lead Imperial’s channel of licensed Peter Millar goods. This individual will be responsible for supporting approximately 16 green grass sales representatives across the United States, as well as maintaining personal relationships with key accounts and partners.
To be successful in this critical and visible role, this VP must have successful prior experience supporting a golf sales team, ability to network with sales representatives, a deep understanding of golf culture and the Peter Millar brand, as well as superb organizational and prioritization skill sets.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Revenue Growth – Driving consistent sales growth over time and gaining green grass market share through channel distribution.
- Manage P&L – Ability to manage, report on and present a $6MM+ P&L statement.
- Sales Leadership – Support team of green grass sales representatives with strategic and consultative sales approach. Ability to set aggressive but attainable KPI’s and help reach sales goals.
- Key Account Management – Act as corporate liaison to Peter Millar and key accounts.
- Forecasting – Ability to project sales budgets and production numbers.
- Presentation – Build and deliver polished sales presentations, both at customer meetings and sales conferences.
- Partnerships & Sponsorships – Facilitate and negotiate key partnerships & sponsorships for Peter Millar licensed goods.
- Travel – This person must be able to travel to trade shows and other meetings & events. Estimated travel approximately 20-40%.
The VP will report to the SVP of Sales.
Critical Operating Relationships
- CEO of Imperial
- President of Imperial
- SVP of Product & Marketing
- SVP of Operations
- VP of Operations
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Designer
- Assistant Business Unit Director
- Customer Service Representatives
- Art Director
- Director of Sourcing
- Event Manager
- Sales Coordinator
- Production & Shipping
- Base salary ($130k-150k) plus incentives
- Health care
- Vacation, Holidays
- Education – Must have a college degree
- Computer Skills – Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint / Keynote is a must for this VP. Familiarity with basic Microsoft Suite, Gmail and order entry software.
- Custom Logo Experience – Intimate familiarity with graphic design and embroidery. Knowing the difference between a JPG and Vector art is a must. A creative eye for custom logo decoration is a huge competitive advantage.
- Customer Service – Outstanding bedside manor with customers, internal stakeholders and holding everyone involved accountable in good and bad business situations.
- Sales Management – Prior experience supporting sales representatives, setting goals, influencing sales team as well as customer base.
- Communication – This individual should have excellent oral and written communication skills. Dedication to detail and craftsmanship of the written word, as well as command a room with oral presentation. Being able to effectively communicate, negotiate, sell an idea and tell a story is the key to success in this position.
- Golf & Brand Affinity – VP must have a passion for and keen understanding of the game of golf, its unique culture and especially the Peter Millar brand.