Imperial is a brand of Paramount Apparel International, an American-owned business with over 85 years of experience as one of the largest manufacturers of premium headwear, apparel, and accessories in the world. Imperial is the #1 headwear brand in the golf market and sold at the top golf events. Imperial’s platform is based on the pillars of compliance, environmental excellence, waste reduction and energy conservation. As part of the brand’s commitment to sustainability, over 70% Imperial’s sales are in alignment with the Sustainability Project because they are made with recycled or Okeo-Tex approved fabrics. For further information please visit paifashion.com and Imperialsports.com.
The company is looking for a Specialty Market Sales Director to expand the Imperial brand into other specialty markets, such as outdoor & adventure destinations / resorts including marinas, fly fishing, hunting, climbing, racquet sports, etc. A go-getter with experience in sales and deep relationships with customers in outdoor, resort and racquet clubs would be ideal. The successful candidate will play a key role in the organization’s expansion by developing and implementing the strategic plan to grow this well-regarded niche brand into new areas. If you have this type of experience and enjoy a challenge, this is the job for you!
DRIVE REVENUE GROWTH – Develop a strategic plan to expand the brand into other outdoor adventure and destination markets beyond golf. Drive consistent sales growth over time and gain market share through channel distribution. Utilize various marketing techniques, including social media, to increase brand awareness and sales. Identify and represent the organization at various tournaments, trade shows, meetings and events.
MANAGE KEY ACCOUNTS – Be the corporate liaison for top facilities and key customers in the new markets. Develop trusted relationships with customers by providing superior customer service and following through on commitments. Build and deliver polished sales presentations, both at customer meetings and sales conferences.
LEAD A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM – Evaluate and expand the current independent sales reps in the channel. Identify, cultivate and land new sales reps with a strategic and consultative sales approach. Set aggressive but attainable Key Performance Indicators and hold independent sales representatives accountable to consistently achieve sales goals. Continuously network with sales representatives of competitors and know the players in each territory to build a pipeline of potential candidates.
COLLABORATE WITH OPERATIONS – Collaborate with operations, design, production and other internal teams to develop high quality products in a timely manner and meet customer expectations. Inspire trust and credibility among team members as modeled through personal leadership. Promote the company’s culture by living the mission and values, conveying a high degree of emotional intelligence and by creating an atmosphere of open communication and personal accountability.
MANAGE THE BUDGET – Accurately project sales budgets and production numbers. Effectively manage the business by analyzing budgets and production in an effective manner.
BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PARTNERSHIPS AND SPONSORSHIPS – Facilitate and negotiate key partnerships and sponsorship in the new business arena.
- Minimum of five years of proven successful sales experience, preferably in the outdoor business such as fly fishing, marinas, rivers.
- Minimum of three years of experience managing staff, including attracting, training, establishing performance expectations, and retaining top talent.
- Familiarity with graphic design and embroidery. Knowing the difference between a JPG and Vector art is a must. A creative eye for custom logo decoration is a huge competitive advantage.
- Proficiency in various social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram and Twitter. Ability to capture content on the fly. Extreme understanding that our social media strategy reflects the essence of what makes Imperial special, relevant and ultimately preferred over the competition.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Gmail, presentation and order entry software.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, sales or a related field preferred but not necessary.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding customer service skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure and develop solid working relationships with external and internal constituents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Dedication to detail and craftsmanship of the written word, as well as command a room with oral presentation. Being able to effectively communicate, negotiate, sell an idea and tell a story is the key to success in this position.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
This position is located at the company’s headquarters in Bourbon MO, south of St. Louis. However, the opportunity to work remotely up to full-time will be considered. Must be able to travel to sales presentations, trade shows, tournaments and other meetings and events. Estimated travel will be variable, up to 70%.
Equal Opportunity Employer