Director of Marketing
The Imperial brand represents luxury, integrity, and individuality. Wearing Imperial says something about your spirit—who you are and what you like to do—like a badge of honor. Imperial stands for a lifestyle of leisure, but a drive to pursue excellence. Look good, feel good, play well.
Imperial has been making premium hats since 1916. After more than 100 years, many things have changed but one thing has not…our dedication to making America’s finest headwear. When you wear Imperial, you are part of a unique group that values quality craftsmanship and unwavering attention to detail. People who wear Imperial believe a hat is not just a hat, and that every stitch matters and every moment should be cherished. Our dedication to detail has driven us forward for over 100 years. So wherever you go, Imperial will be right there with you.
The simple idea that how you dress expresses your core values of who you are as a person is at the heart of who we are as a Company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of hundreds of people across the United States who take risks, think big, and do the right thing for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
Imperial is the leading manufacturer of premium quality headwear, casual apparel, and accessories for the golf market. Imperial’s products can be found at all Top 100 and over 75% of the Top 400 golf courses in the United States, as well as the US Open, PGA Championship, Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, Solheim Cup, many PGA Tour events, professional tennis and pickleball events. Imperial has been voted the #1 headwear brand for private and resort golf facilities for six consecutive years by the Association of Golf Merchandisers (AGM) and reported as the “#1 headwear brand in the combined on and off course retail golf channels” by Golf Datatech. Learn more about our Company at Imperial1916.com and follow us on Instagram @ImperialHats.
Imperial is seeking a “Director of Marketing” who will be responsible for leading all brand and B2B marketing strategies, as well as all internal and external communication process to support the brand building initiatives. This Director will need to work cross functionally with all necessary departments and sales channels within Imperial to achieve brand excellence. To be successful in this critical and visible role, the Director of Marketing must have prior experience leading a team of marketing and creative professionals with a successful track record of achieving results.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Director of Marketing will have a broad set of objectives and responsibilities including the following:
- Oversee Imperial brand marketing and B2B marketing strategies.
- Manage all Imperial marketing campaigns, including public relations, social media, product messaging, partnerships and sponsorship.
- Participate and collaborate with the executive team in short-term and long-term strategic brand building.
- Oversee the Imperial marketing budget and financial objectives of the annual marketing plans.
- Lead market research to identify customer trends, competitor offerings and demographic data.
- Drive creative team and marketing specialists to come up with innovative branding ideas, graphic designs, promotional materials, and advertising copies.
- Discover effective marketing and promotional channels, including media platforms to be used to relay product messages to customers.
- Investigate the performance of a company’s marketing campaigns and strategies through evaluating key performance metrics.
- Create innovative marketing campaigns depending on robust data and present the recommendations to management.
- Create goals and objectives in order to approach customers through appropriate marketing channels.
- Leads consumer-facing communication approaches for the brand and serves as a primary marketing point of contact with the external business partners, enabling strong, collaborative working relationships.
- Manage and oversee the planning of tradeshows, sales meetings, and branding events.
- Travel to Company sales meetings, trade shows, tournaments and other events. Estimated travel 20-25%.
- Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
The Director of Marketing will report to the Senior Vice President of Sales.
Critical Operating Relationships
- CEO of Imperial
- CFO of Imperial
- President of Imperial
- Senior Vice Presidents of Imperial
- Channel Vice Presidents of Imperial
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Specialists
- Design Department
- Assistant Business Unit Director
- Art Director
- Director of Sourcing
- Customer Service
- Sales Representatives
- Production & Shipping
- $80k-$130k annual salary (based on experience)
- Health care
- Vacation, Holidays
- Employee product discounts
- Relocation to the greater St. Louis area (as needed)
Imperial is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- 5-10 years of marketing experience in a corporate or agency environment.
- Managing a consumer brand.
- Candidates must possess a history of delivering results, the ability to formulate strategies, communicate to the appropriate audience and a proven record of execution against sales and strategic objectives.
- The successful candidate must be energetic, motivated, and a self-starter and have a proven track record of working in a matrixed organization.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate and collaborate with the sales team, the customer base and other internal teams.
- Successful examples of having a sales approach to marketing and a marketing approach to sales.