Report To: Director of Sourcing
FSLA Status: Exempt
Imperial, a leader in the headwear and apparel industry, is looking for a Buyer to assist in driving our continued growth. Seated in the Sourcing Department, this position will be a key contributor in the procurement process for goods and inventory that support our headwear and apparel value streams.
We are looking for an individual contributor that can work independently, analyze data, and make decisions and recommendations on how to run the business from a purchasing perspective.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with sales team on inventory reporting and analysis
- Participate in data solutions projects as needed and directed
- Process product developments and purchase orders
- Develop and maintain tracking mechanisms and report out as needed
- Monitor price and potentially negotiate terms
- Communicate status of business to Sales teams
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Degree or GED (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team environment
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Ability to multi-task and deal with stress in the fast pace fashion industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Microsoft office, AS400 experience or any other computer or programming skills are a plus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for thisjob. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Imperial is an equal opportunity employer.